Sharing an ongoing passion for wine and winemaking heritage
Boisset Collection is one of the most highly awarded and sustainable family-owned wine companies in the world.
Thousands of wines rated over 90 points from hundreds of sustainably farmed vineyards;
Sixty centuries of shared winemaking heritage across our twenty-five iconic wine destinations in France and California;
All from one extraordinary wine family!
A thoughtful and passionate leader
"I want to get people to dream and associate wine with other things.”
As president of Boisset Family Estates, Jean-Charles Boisset leads one of the most prestigious, family-owned, wine companies in the world. Under his watchful eye, Jean-Charles continues to expand the family business with a fierce commitment to sustainable, organic, and Biodynamic® farming and the wine lifestyle. Today, the Boisset family’s historic vineyards extend from the rich terroirs of Burgundy and the South of France, across the globe to California’s Napa Valley and Russian River Valley,
Born in the village of Vougeot in the historic wine region of Burgundy, France, Jean-Charles’ destiny as a world-class winemaker was meant to be. His parents Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset founded the family’s first winery in 1961 with the same innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that Jean-Charles carries on today. He is also dedicated to sharing his vision of the wine world, which is centered on family, passion, history, innovation, a commitment to fine wines, and a dedication to sustainable winegrowing.
A family of families
The Boisset family has long recognized the strong resemblance between the terroir of Burgundy and that of Sonoma County and the incredible potential to grow world-class, terroir-driven wines throughout the region.
For decades, the Boisset family has been committed to achieving organic and Biodynamic® designations at all of its family vineyards. Jean-Charles and the rest of the Boisset team have worked tirelessly to integrate these standards into each vineyard’s farming practices and winemaking processes. Boisset is committed to raising the bar and setting the highest standards for responsible and sustainable winemaking. We call this revolution in sustainability, Vinocology™.
THE BOISSET TEAM
Jean-Charles Boisset serves as president of Boisset Family Estates, one of the world's leading family-owned wine companies, with wineries in Burgundy, Beaujolais, the Rhone Valley, the South of France, and expertise in French sparkling wines.
Cassandra is our Director of the Ambassador Program and is well known within the program for the past 10+ years as she has been a very successful Founding Independent Ambassador. Cassandra brings a firm set of leadership skills as well as strong financial and business operations background to the Ambassador Program. Her project management experience, technology background and experience managing diverse business streams are also valuable assets.
Sommelier and author Marnie Old is one of the country’s leading wine educators and serves as our director of vinlightenment, curating our wine portfolio, leading our wine trainings and designing our world-class Tasting Experiences. Prior to joining the Boisset family, Marnie revolutionized how wine is taught worldwide through her award-winning book Wine: A Tasting Course (DK 2014), an infographic primer that is now available in 17 languages. Formerly the director of wine studies for Manhattan’s legendary French Culinary Institute, she also served as the founding education chairperson for the American Sommelier Association and as a regular guest speaker at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, CO. In her remarkable career, Marnie has designed wine programs for restaurants like Morimoto in Manhattan and consulted for retailers, vintners, celebrities, government agencies and trade associations. In addition to her work for Boisset Collection, she also writes for newspapers and magazines and her wildly popular wine tutorials on YouTube's Wine Simplified channel have millions of views.
More About Marnie Old Marnie's Latest Book
Laurie joined the Boisset family in May of 2012 with the launch of Boisset Ambassador Program and has been integral in helping grow the this division from its infancy. As the Orchestrator of Success she oversees the operational aspects of the business and takes great pleasure supporting the growing team of Ambassadors as well as their customers and Wine Society members.
Laurie has a diverse background of experiences, but her primary focus has been on customer care and office management. Her strengths in operations, field development, marketing, team-building and corporate training and development all enable her to tackle the most challenging of circumstances with ease. She has over fifteen years of experience in the wine industry and over eight years in Internet technology.
Ellen Springwater is the Ambassador Program's Head of Operations & Customer Success Manager. If Ellen looks familiar it’s because she has been with Boisset Family Estates for over twelve years as their Retail Operations Manager, overseeing some of the company tasting rooms!
Bruce is into his 7th year working for the Boisset Collection as their Ambassador Program Marketing & Ecommerce Lead. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications & Advertising from the University of Wisconsin, Steven's Point and over 20 years marketing experience, including the last 13+ in the wine industry, Bruce has worked for some large wineries in Napa Valley managing direct-to-consumer wine sales through many direct-to consumer marketing platforms. Since achieving his Court of Master Sommelier certification in 2013 and becoming WSET level 2 Wines & Spirits certified in 2019, Bruce has been passionate about his continued learning about all things wine from vineyard to bottle. In his spare time, Bruce spends quality time with his wife and two daughters at his home in Santa Rosa; his hobbies include collecting wine, running, swimming, hiking and playing bass guitar in his Sonoma-based rock band, The Henry Coopers.
Heather Beth has been our Ambassador Memberships Guru for almost 6 years now, coordinating the Wine Society and now the JCB Collectors Membership program. Her commitment is to bring excellence to the membership experience in the Boisset Ambassador Program. She has been in the wine industry since 2011 and has thrived in the direct-to-consumer world managing wine clubs and providing impeccable customer service to all of her wine customers. As a renaissance woman, she brings multi-faceted experience from her previous careers in Sports Broadcasting, Advertising Sales, Veterinary Medicine and as Business Owner and Operator. In her spare time Heather Beth is an Audio Book Narrator and Producer and she likes to hike, shoot her bow and spend time with her many rescued fire cats.
Megan was born and raised in Napa and she loves living and working in Napa Valley. She joins Boisset with extensive experience working in the wine industry and running events. The guest experience is her top priority and she takes pride in providing solutions in a timely and courteous manner. When she is not helping guests, Megan likes to garden, read, camp and bake. She loves animals, rounding out her household with a dog, cat, fish, and chickens. She looks forward and is excited working with the Ambassador Team and meeting our Ambassadors in the near future!
THE BOISSET WINE MAKING TEAM
- Director of Winemaking, Raymond Vineyards
- Alum of Far Niente Winery and Hess Collection
- Known in particular for her exceptional Cabernet Sauvignons and blends
- Wines awarded: Wine Spectator's Top 100, Wine Enthusiast's Top 100 and many more accolades
- Winemaker, Fortant
- Travels to wine regions across the world to meet with winemakers and exchange techniques
- A specialist in the delicate balance needed for France’s finest dry rosé wines
- “My father told me that sharing wine with people is always something special, it often brings happiness and joie de vivre.”
- Director of Winemaking, DeLoach Vineyards and Buena Vista Winery
- 4th generation Sonoma Napa Valley winemaker, with family history that dates back over 100 years!
- Renowned for his winemaking talents and natural way with the land
- Always exploring, Brian is also making natural wines fermented and aged in amphorae
- Winemaker, J. Moreau & Fils
- Chablis native and life-long champion of the region and its wines
- Master’s degree specializing in vines and terroir
- Lucie is a thought leader in the region making soulful white wines
- Winemaker, 1881 Napa
- Mastered his craft at famed Napa Valley institutions including Cakebread Cellars, Hess Collection, and Raymond Vineyards
- A sensible and compassionate midwesterner, Thane has embraced Napa Valley
- His AVA series coaxes out the nuanced distinctions between Napa’s subdistricts
- Winemaker, Wattle Creek
- One of the wine industry’s most up-and-coming young winemakers
- Her positive energy is reflected in the world-class, award winning wines she produces
- With the Wattle Creek line, Katie channels the playful, fun-loving side of wine
- Director of Sparkling Wines, Louis Bouillot
- Started making wine 46 years ago at the age of 16
- Burgundy’s leading sparkling winemaker, in a region better known for still wine
- An aficionado and an expert, who makes mastering effervescence look easy
- Master’s degree in international wines and spirits
- Entered the world of wine at 17, working on a family estate in Saint-Emilion
- Fell in love with Burgundy and has dedicated herself to the Burgundian craft
- Enjoys travelling the world to share her passion for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
Heidi Peterson Barrett
Legendary Napa Valley winemaker Heidi Peterson Barrett works with Elizabeth Spencer Winery as Consulting Winemaker, beginning with the 2022 vintage. Barrett has made many of the Napa Valley’s most sought-after and cult classic wines, such as Screaming Eagle and Dalla Valle Maya. While she is best known for her perfectly balanced, elegant, and age-worthy Cabs, she has gained an international following for her winemaking skill and artistry across many different varietals and has established herself as a true artist who excels in shaping her wines into something extraordinary.
Winemaker Sarah Vandendriessche joined Elizabeth Spencer in 2010 as Winemaker. While her career began in restaurant roles, her viticulture roots were planted in college where she studied biology and anthropology before embracing a career in wine. Now she is one of Napa Valley's most esteemed female winemakers working with renowned vineyards in the most prestigious appellations of Northern California. Balanced, elegant, and approachable, her wines are quite enchanting.
- Winemaker, Louis Bernard
- Born in Champagne, mastered his craft by making wine across the globe, then settled in the Rhône
- Passionate about creating wines that respect the land that they come from
- Our guru of Grenache, Sylvain is determined to showcase the Rhône’s leading grape