Charmes-Chambertin "Les Mazoyeres" Grand Cru
Family ties are strong in Burgundy, especially when royalty is involved! As well as Chambertin and Chambertin-Clos de Bèze, the Chambertin family includes La Chapelle and La Griotte, Les Mazis and Les Ruchottes, Les Latricières, Les Charmes and this Grand Cru, with its unique right to bear three different names: Mazoyères-Chambertin, Mazoyères and Charmes-Chambertin. A true sign of its charm!
Please note that this is an imported wine and cannot legally be shipped to GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, ME, MI, MO, MT, SD, VA or WV.Vintage Notes:
Ullage planted out. Earthing-up of the vines in winter. Spraying of nettle and rhubarb, horsetail, yarrow, tansy, comfrey tea during each treatment. Biodynamic preparation of 500 and 501 at the end of the winter and of 501 in spring before the flower. Suckers removed in spring.
Meats & Fish:Seared Scallop with Leeks and Ginger, Herbed Chicken or Pork TenderloinCheese & Nuts:Medium cheeses. Goat cheese
- Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
Harvest Date: September 7th, 2018 (flower day)
- Yield: 46.5 hl/ha
- 100% of whole grapes, not crushed and vatted by gravitaty
- No yeast addition. Gravity vated
- Maceration: pre-fermentation, cold (12-15°C) for 5 days
- Length of maceration: 16 days
- Cap-punched once a day until mid-fermentation and light pumping-over every day until the end of maceration
- Pressing with the vertical press
Aging: 18 months in oak barrels
- 33% new
- Toasting: Long and slow
- Source of wood:Tronçais and Citeaux
- Light and soft filtration. No fining
Bottling: February 6th , 10th, and 12th 2020 (flower, fruit ans root days)
- Limited to 3,848 bottles, 222 magnums and 10 Jeroboams.