Nº 1 signifies Jean-Charles’ concept of the penultimate wine that embraces the power of the Napa Valley combined with the elegance associated with Jean-Charles’ native Burgundy. It is the first time, as he hails from Pinot Noir country, that he has delved into a Cabernet Sauvignon that bears his signature style. There can only ever be one Nº 1.
For Jean-Charles Boisset, the Nº 1 cabernet sauvignon must not only age well into the future, it must be VOLUPTUOUS in the present. It must have a commanding structure, yet have flavors that are OPULENT. But above all, Nº 1 must always have a dramatic personality. It is never tamed and predictable. Nº 1 is INCORRIGIBLE.
JCB Nº 1 is not eligible for any additional discounts or promotions.Appearance:
Rich and authoritative, this wine demonstrates a deep purple hue in the glass.Aroma:
Aromas of blackberry and plum.Palate:
Blackberry and plum that linger on your palate.Vintage Notes:
Our 2021 JCB Nº 1 is a blend of three vineyards, 70% St. Helena fruit and the remaining 30% from the eastern hills above Stags Leap.
- Region: Napa Valley
- Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 15%
- pH: 3.69
- T/A: 6.4 g/L
Aging: 100% French oak
- 30% new oak
- 18-19 months