"Les Corvées Pagets" 1er Cru
The vineyards, solidly seated on middle Jurassic sedimentary formations, are cut in two by the town, where the Meuzin stream flows out of the Combe de la Serrée. To the north lies Vosne Romanée, to the south, Premeaux - Prissey. Being exposed to a variety of directions, the characteristic tastes vary, with more rustic wines to the south of the village. Nuits wines are only at their best after several years, and are ideal for patient collectors.
Please note that this is an imported wine and cannot legally be shipped to GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, ME, MI, MO, MT, SD, VA or WV.Appearance:
Deep, enticing maroon and smoldering reds.Aroma:
Discreet, slightly wooded nose.Palate:
Powerful and firm, with flavors of cherry and kirsch.Vintage Notes:
- Geographic Situation: Nuits-Saint-Georges lies on a bed of Comblanchien marble, on the hillside at the base of the Combe de la Serrée, in the sediment cone of the Huates-Côtes. Our vineyard is on the southern part of the hillside, astride the border between Nuits and Premeaux-Prissey, halfway between the climates of Saint-Georges and the Clos de la Maréchale, at an altitude of 240m. \
- Soil and Subsoil: Very pebbly white Comblanchien oolite at the bottom of the plot, reddish soil, clayey but only slightly calcareous.
- Planting Density: 10,000 vines/ha
- Exposure: East-facing
- Rootstock: only clones.
Meats & Fish:Braised Lamb ShankCheese & Nuts:Medium cheesesFruits & Vegetables:Baked Eggplant with Mushroom Tomato SauceSauces:Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
- 14 Months in oak barrels
- 45% New oak
- Production: 1,628 Bottles