Sharing an ongoing passion for wine and winemaking heritage
Boisset Collection is one of the most highly awarded and sustainable family-owned wine companies in the world.
Thousands of wines rated over 90 points from hundreds of sustainably farmed vineyards;
Sixty centuries of shared winemaking heritage across our twenty-five iconic wine destinations in France and California;
All from one extraordinary wine family!
A thoughtful and passionate leader
"I want to get people to dream and associate wine with other things.”
As president of Boisset Family Estates, Jean-Charles Boisset leads one of the most prestigious, family-owned, wine companies in the world. Under his watchful eye, Jean-Charles continues to expand the family business with a fierce commitment to sustainable, organic, and Biodynamic® farming and the wine lifestyle. Today, the Boisset family’s historic vineyards extend from the rich terroirs of Burgundy and the South of France, across the globe to California’s Napa Valley and Russian River Valley,
Born in the village of Vougeot in the historic wine region of Burgundy, France, Jean-Charles’ destiny as a world-class winemaker was meant to be. His parents Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset founded the family’s first winery in 1961 with the same innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that Jean-Charles carries on today. He is also dedicated to sharing his vision of the wine world, which is centered on family, passion, history, innovation, a commitment to fine wines, and a dedication to sustainable winegrowing.
A family of families
The Boisset family has long recognized the strong resemblance between the terroir of Burgundy and that of Sonoma County and the incredible potential to grow world-class, terroir-driven wines throughout the region.
For decades, the Boisset family has been committed to achieving organic and Biodynamic® designations at all of its family vineyards. Jean-Charles and the rest of the Boisset team have worked tirelessly to integrate these standards into each vineyard’s farming practices and winemaking processes. Boisset is committed to raising the bar and setting the highest standards for responsible and sustainable winemaking. We call this revolution in sustainability, Vinocology™.
THE BOISSET TEAM
Jean-Charles Boisset serves as president of Boisset Family Estates, one of the world's leading family-owned wine companies, with wineries in Burgundy, Beaujolais, the Rhone Valley, the South of France, and expertise in French sparkling wines.
Melissa grew up in the Chicago area and moved to the Bay Area soon after college. She began her career in finance, then technology, working at a number of successful start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. Her passion for wine and desire to be her own boss led to her to co-found one of the first e-commerce wine companies, WineShopathome.com. In 2012 after selling her interest in the business, she joined Jean-Charles Boisset to start a new direct-to-consumer division that brings the tasting room experience to homes across the country. The success of the Boisset Ambassador Program has been unlike anything in the wine world today. She is grateful for all of the incredible experiences and friendships she has made since joining Boisset. Melissa is a proud mom of three children and loves to travel (especially on our annual trip to France with the Ambassadors!) Her favorite wines are Domaine de la Vougeraie, the JCB No. 5 Rosé and the Raymond Sauvignon Blanc.
Author and sommelier Marnie Old is one of the country’s leading wine experts and serves as director of vinlightenment for Boisset Collection, one of the world’s leading family-owned fine wine firms based in Burgundy and Napa Valley. Formerly the director of wine studies for Manhattan’s esteemed French Culinary Institute, she is best known for her visually engaging books – the award-winning Wine: A Tasting Course and most recently, Passion for Wine, co-authored with Jean-Charles Boisset.
After joining the Boisset family in May of 2012 with the launch of Boisset Wine Living, Laurie has been integral in helping grow the program from its infancy. As the Manager of the Sales Support Team, she oversees the operational aspects of the business and takes great pleasure supporting the growing team of Ambassadors as well as their customers and wine society members.
Laurie has a diverse background of experiences, but her primary focus has been on customer care and office management. Her strengths in operations management, field marketing, team-building and corporate training and development all enable her to tackle the most challenging of circumstances with ease. She has over ten years of experience in the wine industry and over eight years in Internet technology.
Bruce has been working for the Boisset team for over 4 years as their Ambassador Program Marketing Specialist. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications & Advertising from the University of Wisconsin, Steven's Point and over 20 years marketing experience, including the last 11 in the wine industry, Bruce has worked for some large wineries in Napa Valley managing direct-to-consumer wine sales through many direct-to consumer marketing platforms. Since achieving his Court of Master Sommelier certification in 2013 and becoming WSET level 2 Wines & Spirits certified in 2019, Bruce has been passionate about his continued learning about all things wine from vineyard to bottle. In his spare time, Bruce spends quality time with his wife and two daughters at his home in Santa Rosa; his hobbies include collecting wine, running, swimming, hiking and playing bass guitar in his Sonoma-based rock band.
Heather Beth has been our Ambassador Memberships Guru for 3 years now, coordinating the Wine Society and now the JCB Collectors Membership program. Her commitment is to bring excellence to the membership experience in the Boisset Ambassador Program. She has been in the wine industry since 2011 and has thrived in the direct-to-consumer world managing wine clubs and providing impeccable customer service to all of her wine customers. As a renaissance woman, she brings multi-faceted experience from her previous careers in Sports Broadcasting, Advertising Sales, Veterinary Medicine and as Business Owner and Operator. In her spare time Heather Beth is an Audio Book Narrator and Producer and she likes to hike, shoot her bow and spend time with her many rescued fire cats.
Jeremy McCart works in our Customer Care department and has a strong background in customer service, wine and direct sales. Jeremy lives in Vallejo with his wife and his hobbies include having a passion for wine, cooking and baseball.
Stephanie Vieira is as our Customer Care Specialist & Membership Support. Stephanie hails from Fremont, CA and now calls Sonoma home. Her job duties will include focusing on custom labels, custom projects and the Joie de Vie Wine Club. Stephanie found her love of the world of wine shortly after college within the restaurant industry and held many roles over seven years including server, bartender, trainer, and eventually into management roles. She spent an additional thirteen years within the Hotel industry as a Catering Sales Manager and Director of Catering Sales & Events, has worked for several major brands, a private historic mansion, and a Casino Resort in Scottsdale. She holds a B.A. in History, was a college level swimmer and now spends her free time exploring water color painting and participating in trap shooting competitions.
THE BOISSET WINE MAKING TEAM
- Director of Winemaking, Raymond ViIneyards
- Alum of Far Niente Winery and Hess Collection
- Known in particular for her exceptional Cabernet Sauvignons and blends
- Wines awarded: Wine Spectator's Top 100, Wine Enthusiast's Top 100 and many more accolades
- Winemaker, Fortant
- Travels to wine regions across the world to meet with winemakers and exchange techniques
- A specialist in the delicate balance needed for France’s finest dry rosé wines
- “My father told me that sharing wine with people is always something special, it often brings happiness and joie de vivre.”
- Director of Winemaking, DeLoach Vineyards and Buena Vista Winery
- 4th generation Sonoma Napa Valley winemaker, with family history that dates back over 100 years!
- Renowned for his winemaking talents and natural way with the land
- Always exploring, Brian is also making natural wines fermented and aged in amphorae
- Winemaker, J. Moreau & Fils
- Chablis native and life-long champion of the region and its wines
- Master’s degree specializing in vines and terroir
- Lucie is a thought leader in the region making soulful white wines
- Winemaker, 1881 Napa
- Mastered his craft at famed Napa Valley institutions including Cakebread Cellars, Hess Collection, and Raymond Vineyards
- A sensible and compassionate midwesterner, Thane has embraced Napa Valley
- His AVA series coaxes out the nuanced distinctions between Napa’s subdistricts
- Winemaker, Wattle Creek
- One of the wine industry’s most up-and-coming young winemakers
- Her positive energy is reflected in the world-class, award winning wines she produces
- With the Wattle Creek line, Katie channels the playful, fun-loving side of wine
- Director of Sparkling Wines, Louis Bouillot
- Started making wine 46 years ago at the age of 16
- Burgundy’s leading sparkling winemaker, in a region better known for still wine
- An aficionado and an expert, who makes mastering effervescence look easy
- Master’s degree in international wines and spirits
- Entered the world of wine at 17, working on a family estate in Saint-Emilion
- Fell in love with Burgundy and has dedicated herself to the Burgundian craft
- Enjoys travelling the world to share her passion for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- Winemaker, Louis Bernard
- Born in Champagne, mastered his craft by making wine across the globe, then settled in the Rhône
- Passionate about creating wines that respect the land that they come from
- Our guru of Grenache, Sylvain is determined to showcase the Rhône’s leading grape