Clos De Vougeot Grand Cru
Clos de Vougeot is both a vineyard and a wine, a historic monument and a certain image of France. Extending the universal spirit of Cîteaux, the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin is open to the world. This temple of wine is a work of patience, resplendent after nearly a millennium of human effort and nature’s graces.
Please note that this is an imported wine and cannot legally be shipped to GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, ME, MI, MO, MT, OH, SD, VA or WVAroma:
Aromas of fresh raspberries and notes of musk and soft spices.Palate:
Sophisticated, velvety mouth rich with flavors of red fruit.Vintage Notes:
- Clos Vougeot Surface: 1,052 ha
- Geographical Situation: parcel at the top of the Clos de Vougeot, on a slight slope (to the left of the alley leading to the château).
- Exposure: East-facing.
- Plantings: 1946/1947 1951/1952 1954/1955 1983/1984 1989/1990 1993/1994
Meats & Fish:Barbecued beef or pork ribsCheese & Nuts:Medium cheeses
- Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
- Organic Agriculture: Since 1998